Since I received like 5 copies of their call, decided to put out a post as well. Applications are now welcomed for the 3rd North American Robotics Summer School (London, ON, Aug. 13-17.)
" The goal for the one-week Summer School is to provide trainees (PhD students and postdoctoral fellows) with lectures, hands-on laboratory experience, introduction to novel technologies and emerging themes, and informal interactions with leading experts. Several lectures will give an in-depth coverage of topics such as:
- surgical robotics
- haptics and teleoperation
- medical imaging
- computer-assisted surgical planning
- major therapy delivery techniques
- surgical simulation
- performance assessment.
Approximately 65 people will be accepted for the 5 days of program including:
- Student poster sessions
- Industry participation (through attendees and an Industry Forum)
- Clinician participation
- Social events and networking opportunities
- Hands on activities in the laboratories at CSTAR and Robarts on the Campus of the University of Western Ontario."