DLR MIRO Innovation Lab
"The MIRO Innovation Lab (MIL) is an open innovation lab in the field of medical robotics, which is funded by the Helmholtz Association.
Its goal is to support cooperative research in medical robotics, it enables close collaboration between the Institute of Robotics and Mechatronics of the German Aerospace Center (DLR), clinical partners, participating industrial partners, and other research institutions. In particular, the MIL offers companies without their own expertise in medical robotics access to the necessary technology and know-how, allowing them to enter this growing market."
"The MIRO Innovation Lab implements the basic idea of the Innovation Labs in robot-assisted, interventional med icine. The establishment of the MIRO Innovation Lab at the Institute of Robotics and Mechatronics of the German Aerospace Center (DLR) in Oberpfaffenhofen means that the research infrastructures, systems and knowledge of the institute can be utilized.
At the MIRO Innovation Lab:
- we launch innovations and product developments with our partners,
- provide our know-how in the field of medical robotics (MIRO technology) and our clinical expertise,
- thereby open up new fields of application in medical robotics for our partners,
- thus facilitating access to the medical technology market,
- accompany the development process from the idea to prototype testing and
- offer our partners different formats and run times for cooperation."