IROS2018 medical robot workshops
It is time to start preparing for the upcoming IEEE IROS conference, which will feature two outstanding medical robotics workshops:
- Continuum and Soft Robots for medical interventions
- The objective of this workshop is for participants to review and discuss the most recent advances in terms of novel design and mechanism paradigms. Modeling approaches, stability, and control the stability issue, and the control strategy, which are intimately linked, will be covered, as well as open challenges like follow-the-leader deployment, variable stiffness mechanism, variable stiffness control, reconfigurable structure, data-driven approach for robot control, and advance in the development of materials.
- July 25: Abstract submission deadline
August 25: Notification of acceptance
October 5: Workshop (full-day)
- Assistive Technologies for Precision Neurosurgery: Current Successes and Future Challenges
- This workshop aims to survey the most promising technological breakthroughs arising from the last decades’ worth of scientific and clinical innovation, to ascertain the current neurosurgical landscape and identify existing open challenges and possible ways to address them with robotics. Invited speakers represent academic, clinical and commercial entities, which are at the forefront of neurosurgery today, covering tool sensorization, new brain models and modelling approaches, new mechanisms and new clinical applications that may improve the quality of life of patients.
- Paper submission deadline: 5th August 2018Workshop day: 1st October 2018 (Full Day)
Notification of acceptance: 24th August 2018
Camera-ready version: 9th September 2018