ROSA--surgical assistance robot
There is a new robot on the market, built along an old concept: assistance with needle guidance. ROSA is created by MedTech, a French company that created the BRIGIT robot previously (commerzialized and sold to ). The CEO being Bertin Nahum, experienced at Computer Motion, ISS and IMMI, supported by some people from the LIRMM lab in Montpellier.
- The robot is aimed for typical needle-based neuro procedures: brain tumor biopsies, resections, locations of deep brain stimulation electrodes, SEEG, epilepsy Surgery, cerebral cortex stimulations, etc.
- One of the main feautures is that it can be force-controlled as well.
- Registration is automated through a laser surface scanner.
- It has CE mark, FDA clearance, Health Canada approval and ISO certificats
- ROSA was first tried this April in a Cleveland clinic, than in Canda CHUS, and claimed to have at least another few human trials.
- You can watch a couple of procedures and videos about the setup.
- It sells for $600,000.
- NewFund investment owns 27% of the company.
If you have more information, please comment!