Updates on the Alf-x robot
As time goes on, more details have leaked from SOFAR about the development of the ALF-X system., and apparently it has also been used in clinical trials. While the website of the robot is not fully functional yet, a newly released brochure tells more details about its capabilities. Some of the more interesting features:
- sensorized classical laparoscopic tools as master controllers
- trocars can be located anywhere on the patient, depending on the procedure, the patient’s positioning or the inclination of the operating
- the basic setup alreaday contains 4 robots (they all have mobile platforms, with range scanners for basic safety)
- the forces applied by the instruments are finely controlled and limited, thus avoiding the risk of breaking the thread during knot tying
- it is equipped with an eye- tracking system to efficiently control the endoscopic view by moving any viewed area to the centre of the screen.
- The eye-tracking system also enables activation of the various available instruments by merely looking at their respective icons on the screen.
- quick docking and the quick displacement of the manipulators.
Updates on the system
Previous post on the system.