Axilum's TMS robot
"Axilum Robotics have developed an innovative system that allows for accurate and safe placement, tracking and recording of a TMS stimulating coil during a TMS experiment or treatment session, together with the Brainsight TMS Navigation system.
The Axilum Robotics solution provides the TMS researcher and practitioner with many advantages:
- System that is specifically developed for TMS when used in conjunction with supported TMS neuronavigation systems;
- Accuracy and repeatability of coils placement and navigation;
- Compensation for patients’ head movement during TMS session;
- Access to any stimulation target or trajectory via hemispheric movement around the subjects head;
- Patient safety achieved by adapted motor’s power and contact force sensors attached to the stimulating coils surface to ensure appropriate contact force between coil and patient;
- Easy performance of TMS session allowing users to plan TMS sessions in advance and allow for autonomous execution of the session;
- Replication of recorded procedures with automated record keeping of stimulation sites and targets."