The 2015 Innovative Surgical Robotics Forum
If you are traveling around the UK next week, it may worth to stop by in London for this meeting:
"This event is for any healthcare professional, academic or company interested in discussing the challenges, current barriers and ways to move forward in the arena of surgical robots.
The global market for medical robotics and computer-assisted surgical (MRCAS) equipment was worth nearly $2.7 billion in 2013. The market is projected to approach $3.3 billion in 2014 and $4.6 billion by 2019 for a CAGR of 7% for the five-year period, 2014 to 2019. Surgical robots dominate the global MRCAS market, accounting for more than 70%.
Robotic devices are extremely complex systems will require considerable amounts of R&D. Government support will therefore be crucial in these next 5 years.
The 2015 Innovative Surgical Robotics Forum is a event jointly organised by the Robotics and Autonomous Systems SIG and the EU. Four EU FP7 projects (STIFF-FLOP, μRalp, CASCADE, and ReMeDi) leading the field of surgical robotics will exhibit their latest achievements. During this event, the aim is to identify market opportunities and the gaps between clinical, academic and industrial communities to establish a multidisciplinary community focused on the subject. We will facilitate the exploitation of robotics R&D by bringing together the different stakeholders and create the opportunity to form new partnerships and collaborative relationships.
Invited Speakers (confirmed):
- Prof. Sir Alfred Cuschieri, University of Dundee, UK
- Prof. Darwin Caldwell, Istituto Italiano di Tecnologia, Italy
- Prof. Prokar Dasgupta, King‘s College London, UK
- Prof. Yoav Mintz, Hadassah Hebrew University Medical Center, Israel
- Prof. Giorgio Peretti, University of Genoa, Italy
- Dr Patrick Finlay, MediMaton Ltd, UK
- Dr Paula Gomes, BSI Group, UK
- Dr Alexandre Mottrie, OLV Hospital in Aalst, Belgium
- Dr Ferdinando Rodrigues y Baena, Imperial College London, UK
- Rich Walker, Shadow Robot Company Ltd, UK"