iSYS 1 robot is now FDA cleared
The iSYS robot is an Austrian success story, developed in collaboration with the ACMIT center. "Our iSYS technology supports the interventionalist in reaching the clinical target while maximizing patient safety and optimizing procedural outcome."
- The iSYS1 is a novel compact robotic targeting system to assist
interventional radiology procedures. It allows the radiologist to
improve accuracy, decrease procedure time, and reduce dose to both
patients and personnel.
Because it is controlled remotely using a handheld joystick, the Radiologist can operate it inside the CT gantry, using real time fluoro trajectory guidance, at a safe distance from the beam
- The iSYS1 ICT utilizes 3D image-based SW, allowing the Radiologist to preplan the needle path prior to the procedure
- The iSYS1 ICT is certified for accuracy and precision, offering reliable reproducibility
- The user interface design is highly intuitive and simple, making handling completely hassle-free
The Radiology Technologist can easily perform all the set-up tasks,
allowing the Radiologist additional clinical time outside the vault
- Because it is compatible with any interventional CT platform, workflow integration is entirely seamless
The iSYS 1 with Navi received CE mark in last November, and passed FDA 510k just this past week. (The complete press release is here.)Learn more about the clinical trials in their recent peer reviewed publication in J Neurointerv Surg.
Further information/inquiries should be directed to the company.
Special thanks to Dr. Vogele for the materials.